Written by our art advisors the Contemporary Art Society , our strategies have informed the following guiding principles for the public art programme:
- We support artists to make new work that has social relevance and engages University communities and people across the city through collaboration and co-production;
- Public art helps to shape dynamic and sociable spaces on campus, where boldly imaginative art and creative encounters animate, welcome and inspire;
- Public art at the University can be a prism through which debates are focussed and heritage is interpreted. It can acknowledge the past and envision the future;
- Public art provides a creative lens through which to view research at the University, bringing inventive and surprising new readings;
- Public art contributes to the University’s mission to play an important role in the life of the city and be part of a two-way relationship of cultural exchange.